The Washington County Health Department’s ACCU staff provides education and outreach to Medicaid recipients to increase their awareness of the available benefits and services and to ensure access to medical care.
- Education on how to navigate the Health Choice Program;
- Education on the Managed Care Organization (MCO) enrollment process;
- Assistance with recipients accessing available healthcare services;
- Education on the importance of timely appointment follow-up;
- Education on the importance of preventive healthcare visits;
- Education on how to re-enroll for benefits; and
- Information and linkage to available medical and behavioral health providers, tobacco cessation programs and other identified service needs.
Medicaid Providers and Managed Care Organizations
Medical Assistance Providers and Managed Care Organizations may submit Local Health Services requests forms to the ACCU for assistance with clients in need of outreach and health-related services. The assistance of the Local Health Department may be requested only after the MCO has made documented attempts to contact and bring into care a recipient who is difficult to reach or misses appointments. (COMAR 10.09.66.03B)
Examples of recipients in need of referral include but are not limited to the following:
- Child under 2 years of agethat has missed two consecutive appointments
- Child 2-21 years that has missed two consecutive appointments and is in need of treatment
- Pregnant woman that is 30 days past her appointment date
- Adult with special needs that has missed three consecutive appointments for treatment
- Non-compliance with treatment or plan of care
Times of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Medicaid Recipient or eligible to receive Medicaid.
Medicaid Healthcare Providers
Medicaid Managed Care Providers
How to enroll: Call us at 240-313-3229 for assistance.
Providers may download the request form and mail or fax it to us.
Local Health Services Request Form