The Health Planning and Strategic Initiatives Division: Prioritizing Health Equity in Washington County
The Health Planning and Strategic Initiatives Division plays a vital role in reducing health disparities, promoting health equity and improving the well-being of the Washington County community. Here are some key responsibilities of this division:
- Developing and implementing evidence-based interventions to reduce health disparities and promote health equity.
- Assisting Washington County Health Department programs in identifying and addressing community needs.
- Managing data reporting and visualization to inform decision-making and measure progress towards health goals.
- Overseeing the WCHD’s Office of Health Equity to ensure that health equity principles are integrated into all department activities.
- Collaborating with community organizations and stakeholders to identify and address health disparities.
- Providing training and technical assistance to staff and partners to advance health equity goals.
- Conducting research and analysis to improve understanding of the health needs and experiences of the community.
- Engaging in advocacy and policy development to address structural barriers to health equity.
Through a comprehensive approach that includes data analysis, community engagement, and strategic planning, the Health Planning and Strategic Initiatives Division is making a significant impact on the health and well-being of Washington County residents.
By prioritizing health equity and engaging in strategic planning, this division is working to create a healthier and more equitable community for all residents of Washington County.