Description: The Tobacco Free for Life Program (TFFL) offers FREE quit tobacco classes at the beginning of each month. The program consists of four (4) one hour sessions offered over a two week period. However, individuals are encouraged to continue beyond the four week session and participate in the ongoing support program indefinitely. Class participants are eligible to receive FREE Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) patches, gum and/or lozenges while supplies last. Each participant will be required to fill out a registration packet which includes consent to use NRT patches/gum/lozenges. If a woman is pregnant or nursing or if an individual has recently had a heart attack or has undiagnosed chest pains they will need to have provider approval to receive nicotine replacement therapy.
How to participate: Please call 240-313-3418 for more information or to register. Individuals may call in advance to register or come directly to class without registering.
The TFFL program is part of the Cigarette Restitution Fund (CRF) Program. CRF Program staff are available to offer FREE presentations on tobacco related topics to youth, community organizations, or businesses.
Other Resources for help quitting tobacco:
- Visit our Facebook page
- Baby & Me Tobacco Free
- Maryland Quit Line – 1-800-QUITNOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Offers free phone support and free nicotine therapy patches and gum mailed directly to your home.
- SmokingStopsHere.com – Sponsored by the Maryland Quit Line
- Becomeanex.org – Part of the 2018 Truth Initiative
- Smokefree.gov – Check out the FREE QuitGuide Mobile App