Washington County Youth Advisory Board
A youth-led group dedicated to healthy living, mental health, substance use prevention, and the environment that mixes community service and fun! Supported by the Washington County Health Department and its partners: Girls Inc., Washington Goes Purple, True You Maryland, Maryland Department of Health, and the Washington County Mental Health Authority.
For Washington County Youth aged 14-19.
This group is for all Washington County Youth ages 14-19 interested in improving the health and wellbeing of Washington County residents. You will be able to decide what topics interest you the most and what type of projects you want to work on. Provide critical input and perspectives for county initiatives, use your voice to serve the community, gain leadership skills, and make a difference by advocating for change on issues that matter to you and your peers.
Details & Perks:
- Meetings are once a month, usually online.
- There are never fees for activities!
- Activities are youth-led – you decide what we plan next.
- SSL hours are given for all of our community service based activities.
- You can participate at a level that works best for you.
- Participating youth receive gift cards for their time!
What We Do:
Past and Present activities have included:
- Hiking at Annapolis Rock
- Tree planting
- Card making for veterans
- Girls Inc. warehouse support
- Tobacco and vaping prevention symposium
- Tie dye and pizza party
- Environmental clean-ups
- Roller skating
- End of the Year Pool Party