Description: The Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Program is a joint federal/state and local program that provides a wide range of services designed to address unmet needs for this population.
- Case management and resource/care coordination from a Registered Nurse.
- Help accessing regional and local resources.
- Help locating support and liaison services related to special education.
Contact information: Call 240-313-3229 for information.
Eligibility requirements: Care Coordination: Any Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs that require assistance with care coordination or resource location.
How to participate:Call 240-313-3229 for information.
How long does it take: Care Coordination: A Registered Nurse will visit you in your home and perform an assessment and develop a plan of care for your child. Home visits by the Registered Nurse may take 1 to 2 hours initially.
Cost: Care Coordination:Free
Description: Orofacial Clinical Services twice a year for children with cleft lip and/or cleft palate. Services are provided by a team consisting of a Plastic Surgeon, a Speech Pathologist, an Otolaryngologist, a Periodontist, an Orthodontist, and a Pediatric Dentist.
The following information is needed at the time of the visit.
- Bring your child’s current health insurance card to the visit.
- If your insurance requires a referral, the referral must be obtained prior to the visit or we will not be able to see your child.
- If your child has no insurance and you live in Maryland, a sliding fee scale will be used to determine your cost for the visit. You are required to bring proof of income. No Maryland resident will be denied services due to inability to pay.
- Some insurance plans may reimburse you for the service. If your insurance pays a portion of the fees, you will be charged the remaining portion on a sliding fee scale based on your household income, (Pay stubs, W-2 copy of unemployment, social security, or disability benefits.)
- If your insurance company requires you to submit a claim form for reimbursement, your clinic fee will be based on the services rendered.
- If you live outside of Maryland, you will be charged the full clinic fee, which is due at the time of the service. We will also bill your insurance as a courtesy. If your insurance pays for the service, we will refund any credit on your account.
Eligibility requirements: The local primary care provider refers children with cleft lip and/or cleft palate to the clinic.
How to participate: Call 240-313-3296 for information
How long does it take: Clinic visits vary but may take up to 4 hours.
Cost: Fees based on services provided. Insurance is accepted.