Description: Orofacial Clinical Services twice a year for children with cleft lip and/or cleft palate. Services are provided by a team consisting of a Plastic Surgeon, a Speech Pathologist, an Otolaryngologist, a Periodontist, an Orthodontist, and a Pediatric Dentist.Clinics are offered in the spring and fall by appointment.
The following information is needed at the time of the visit.
- Bring your child’s current health insurance card to the visit.
- If your insurance requires a referral, the referral must be obtained prior to the visit or we will not be able to see your child.
- If your child has no insurance and you live in Maryland, a sliding fee scale will be used to determine your cost for the visit. You are required to bring proof of income. No Maryland resident will be denied services due to inability to pay.
- Some insurance plans may reimburse you for the service. If your insurance pays a portion of the fees, you will be charged the remaining portion on a sliding fee scale based on your household income, (Pay stubs, W-2 copy of unemployment, social security, or disability benefits.)
- If your insurance company requires you to submit a claim form for reimbursement, your clinic fee will be based on the services rendered.
- If you live outside of Maryland, you will be charged the full clinic fee, which is due at the time of the service. We will also bill your insurance as a courtesy. If your insurance pays for the service, we will refund any credit on your account.
Eligibility requirements: The local primary care provider refers children with cleft lip and/or cleft palate to the clinic.
How to participate: Call 240-313-3296 for information.
How long does it take: Clinic visits vary but may take up to 4 hours.
Cost: Fees based on services provided. Insurance is accepted.
Please call 240-313-3229 to learn more about other community resources or programs that may assist your family.