Description: The Washington County Health Department Ombudsman is a Registered Nurse who assists with resolving complaints by assisting Maryland Medicaid recipients with problems they may have with Medicaid or their Managed Care Organization (MCO).
The Ombudsman will work with Medicaid recipients to:
- Investigate the circumstances of the complaint;
- Attempt to resolve any dispute through mediation and education;
- Assist the recipient in negotiating the MCO’s internal grievance process;
- Provide education and resources specific to the recipient’s individual needs or medical conditions;
- Advocate on behalf of the recipient throughout the MCO internal grievance and appeals process; and
- Refer the dispute back to Maryland Department of Health Complaint Resolution Unit for a decision if the dispute is one that cannot be resolved by the local ombudsman’s intervention.
Eligibility requirements: Maryland Medicaid Recipient
How to enroll: Call us at 240-313-3229 for assistance.