The Bike Safe Play Court is a public traffic garden located at the Hagerstown YMCA. A traffic garden is a painted streetscape that gives children a safe place away from traffic to learn how to safely ride their bikes on the streets. Parents, guardians, and caregivers are encouraged to bring their children to the Bike Safe Play Court and use it as a resource to teach them bicycle safety skills. This project is the result of collaboration between the Washington County Health Department, the Hagerstown YMCA, and the City of Hagerstown. This project was funded by the Maryland Department of Health.
Bike Safe Play Court Rules
- Use at your own risk.
- Helmets are required while riding on the court.
- No tobacco, vape, drugs, or alcohol on the property.
- No automobiles on the court except when designated for overflow parking.
- No bicycles on the court when used for overflow parking.
- No littering.
- Court is open from dawn to dusk. No trespassing when court is closed.
- Be courteous of other riders on the court. Be especially careful around younger riders.
Find trails to ride on at Washington County Pathfinder!