Currently we are not holding any STI Clinics due to COVID-19
Description: Our Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) program at the health department offers confidential counseling, diagnosis, and treatment for sexually transmitted infections. These services are available to both females and males.
Times of Operation: STI services are available as a Walk-In Clinic on a first come first serve basis every Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.. Teens (19 and under) can also walk in every Wednesday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Click here for more information about our Teen Walk-In Clinic).
Eligibility requirements: Services are provided to Maryland residents based on income. If you are an out of state resident please call us for details.
How to participate: Our Walk-In STI clinic is held at the main health department at 1302 Pennsylvania Avenue, Hagerstown, MD. Parking is available in the back parking lot. The Registration staff will guide you through the process of the paperwork.
What to bring: Proof of Maryland residency, income, and/or insurance should be brought to your visit.
What to expect:
- Take a number located on the center beam by the chairs in the waiting room (please ask if you are unsure)
- Registration staff will call your number and guide you through the process and where to put your paperwork.
- A nurse will take you to a private room and review your medical history. During this time, you may discuss any concerns. The nurse will also answer any questions you may have and discuss testing options.
- You will then see the clinician who will discuss your care and offer an examination. During the examination, the clinician will explain everything that is being done and why.
- Based on your discussion with the clinician and your examination, the clinician may decide to treat you at your visit before your results come back.
- If any tests come back positive and the Clinician has not treated you, the nurse will call you and inform you of your results and arrange a time to return to the Health Department for treatment.
How long does it take: Expect for your visit to take a minimum of 1 hour. As clients are seeking STI services, there may be problems that arise causing a longer wait. Please understand we will spend as much time with you as needed.
Cost: Most insurances are accepted. Maryland residents without insurance may be charged for services based on a sliding scale fee determined by family size and income. Proof of income must be provided to slide fees. Onsite enrollment for Maryland Medical Assistance is available. Services for anyone 18 and under are free of charge. If you are an out of state resident, please call 240-313-3296 for details.
For HIV Testing, Click Here
For Teens, Click Here