Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings at NO Cost to You!
The Washington County Health Department’s Breast and Cervical Cancer Program provides clinical breast exams, mammograms and Pap tests at no cost for eligible Maryland residents. Diagnosis and treatment services are also available through the Breast and Cervical Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment (BCCDT) Program.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women. Screenings are the most important tool to detect cancer in its early stages. Screening saves lives!
Along with paying for these lifesaving screenings, our program also:
- Makes your cancer screening appointments
- Calls and sends letters with appointment reminders
- Arranges and pays for transportation to appointments, if needed
- Provides free interpreter services
- Reviews your screening results with you
- Recalls you when you are due for your next screening
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Maryland residents
- Women age 40 and older
- Uninsured or insured with copays and deductibles
- Meets program income guidelines
Our Patient Navigation Program provides all of the above services for those whose insurance covers payment for breast and cervical cancer screenings but have barriers to completing screenings such as transportation, language, etc.
Call us at 301-313-3235 to see if you qualify for the programs.