Vision: Making the healthy choice the easy choice.
Mission: Enhance the health, wellness, and well-being of all WCHD employees.
WCHD Wellness is the Washington County Health Department’s employee wellness initiative. WCHD Wellness is created and run by the WCHD Wellness Committee, which is made up of employees and is open for any employee to join.
The general objectives of WCHD Wellness are:
- To make healthy choices convenient and easy and reward them and make unhealthy choices inconvenient and do not reward them (but don’t punish them).
- To offer programs that will enhance the health, wellness, and well-being of all employees and to offer programs that address the needs and interests of the employees and the organization.
WCHD Wellness Committee Members: Laura Bennett, Lisa Jenkins, Jeanne Doney, Fern Loomis, Rod MacRae, Robert Maffei, Mary McPherson, Hannah Person, Danielle Stahl, Melanie Sumpter, and Loan Vo.
Fruit of the Month: On the first Tuesday of every month, employees can check the refrigerator (2nd floor lobby at the main building) to find a sample of the Fruit of the Month and try a taste of a fruit you may not have had before.
Vegetable of the Quarter: On the last Thursday of every quarter (March, June, September, December) employees can check the refrigerator (2nd floor lobby at the main building) to find a sample of the Vegetable of the Quarter and try a taste of a vegetable you may not have had before.
Wellness Information: The literature racks on the 3rd floor near Personnel and on the 2nd floor outside Nursing contain health and wellness information for employees to take or borrow. The following books are also available for employees to borrow: Walking 4 Wellness, A Good Night’s Sleep, Stop Stress This Minute.
More WCHD Wellness information and announcements will be available by email, on the WCHD Wellness bulletin boards, and in the WCHD Wellness section of the employee newsletter.
- Follow the signs and path behind Western Maryland Hospital Center for a short walk.
- <1 mile walk from WCHD
- 1.1 miles walk from WCHD
- 1.25 mile walk from WCHD
- 15 minute walk from Behavioral Health
- Walking from CSAP down Cullen Drive and back is about 10 minutes.
Physical Activity Resources
- DAREBEE Workouts
- Video Exercise Library
- ACE Exercise Library
- Go4Life Exercises
- YouTube Walking Workouts
- Deskercise Stretches
- Daily Stretching Routine