Join us for several community walks and a Walking Movement Leader Training! These events are all free and open to the public. The purpose is to get moving while getting to know your neighbors and community better. Connect with your health, your community, and the places you live by joining on one of these free events in Washington County.
The following walks are taking place in Washington County:
- August 27th, 9:30am – Senior Steppers at the Washington County Commission on Aging’s trail
- August 27th, 2:00pm – Walk to School Safely from the Bester Community of Hope through some of the Walking School Bus routes to Bester Elementary School
- August 27th, 5:00pm – Cultural Trail Exploration walk along the Hagerstown Cultural Trail
- August 28th, 10am – Coffee Walk and Talk from Robinwood Medical Center to Safron Bakery (participants on the walk will receive a 10% discount at Safron Bakery)
There is also the Walking Movement Leader Training for those who are interested in learning how to lead walks in their community. Become a Walking Movement Leader and learn how to facilitate walks, reach the community, and enjoy the many benefits of moving by foot. This training is open to anyone who enjoys walking and wants to connect with their community.
- Tuesday, August 28th 5:30-8:30 PM
Washington County Health Department – Behavioral Health
925 North Burhans Blvd., Hagerstown, MD 21742
Please visit http://www.walk2connect.com/walkmaryland to learn more about these events and RSVP.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-313-3349.